Reservations Agent JobSunny Isles Beach, FL
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The Reservation Sales Agent is responsible for providing a professional, yet personal and efficient reservation experience for each guest. Process all advance deposits, cancellation penalties according to The Marenas’ standards, in addition, he / she is always expected to complete daily checklists and practice aggressive hospitality and courtesy.
- Exemplifies commitment to The Marenas’ mission of Total Guest Satisfaction
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and warm hospitality to all guests and employees.
- Manage all reservations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Answer all telephone calls promptly and efficiently; takes reservations; response to guests' requests; upsells when appropriate
- Strong sales abilities
- Superior phone etiquette, record keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, and special occasions.
- Liaise with key departments to ensure optimal performance.
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Reservation Manager, Manager of Revenue, Sales, and Executive Team Members.
- Develop strong team spirit amongst co-workers and related departments.
- Be able to endure excessive typing.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one's department when called upon.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all aspects of the hotel and rooms
- Maintain knowledge of all Miami events, especially as they would pertain to hotel guests
- Assists in analyzing consumer purchasing patterns including conversion rates, the origination of inquiries, and the purpose of the hotel visit
- Attends daily briefings, meetings, and training as required
- Reports to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed
- Reputation for handling situations and confidential information discretely, projecting a positive, professional, and supportive outward image, and exercising good judgment for the position
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment and prioritize job duties.
- Detailed-oriented and analytical mindset an asset.
- Professional manners, outgoing personality, and ability to work on own initiative a must.
- Strong knowledge of hospitality standards
- Good computer skills in PMS, email, web browsing, and scheduling software
- Good typing skills (45 wpm or better)
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
- Compliance with attendance guidelines outlined in The Marenas Employee Handbook
- Fluent in English & Spanish, additional languages a plus
- Past hospitality Reservations, Front Office, or Sales experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge SMS system is a plus