Assistant Housekeeping Manager JobSunny Isles Beach, FL
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas that include Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, Public area/Guest Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
- Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
- Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
- Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, Public Areas and Front Desk and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
- Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
- Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
- Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.